RECRUITMENT OF FIVE (5) PARALEGAL OFFICERS
PFF is a non-governmental organization duly registered in the Republic of Zambia under the NGO Act of 2009. The organization was formed to look into the welfare of serving and former inmate, including citizens who come in contact with the justice system. Its objective is to respond to the rights of serving, ex- inmates and indigents in Zambian societies.
PFF is implementing a two (2) year project on improving access to legal advice and timely justice for prisoners in Mongu District. The aim of the project is to contribute to legal empowerment and an improved legal practice in Mongu District. To this end, PFF is establishing five (5) paralegal desks in Mongu district i.e. four (4) in communities of Mandanga, Mulambwa, Imwiiko and Kapulanga, and one ()1 at Mongu Central Correctional Centre.
In light of the above, PFF is looking for 5 paralegal officers to be station in the targeted sites.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade Twelve certificate
- Certificate in Paralegal studies (level 2 or 1 of the TEVETA approved paralegal training scheme)
• .Candidates pursuing level 2 or 1 of the TEVETA approved paralegal training scheme
• Diploma or Degree in Law
• Significant knowledge of the justice system including, laws and procedures acquired through training in paralegalism or other qualification in law
• Experience in providing legal aid services especially within the justice system
• Demonstrated sense of integrity, strict adherence to ethics and professionalism in all circumstances
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES RESIDING IN MONGU DISTRICT.
Interested candidates should send application letters and CV to [email protected] clearly indicating the preferred site. All applications should be addressed to the Executive Director, Prisoners Future Foundation, P.O. Box 80945, Kabwe. Females are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for sending application letters is 27th December 2023, midnight.